Palm Beach Tao Yoga Class Schedule:
Tao Yoga on the Gold Coast is currently available on the Southern end of the Gold Coast. Weekly classes are currently held at Club Active in Burleigh Heads. Below is our current schedule of weekly Tao Yoga classes on the Gold Coast:
- Tuesdays 10am-11am in Burleigh Heads – Tao Yoga Qigong Class
- Wednesdays 9am-10am in Burleigh Heads – Tao Yoga Tai Chi Class
- Location – Club Active Burleigh Heads
- Address – 4/11 Kortum Drive, Burleigh Heads, QLD (map)
- This gym is aimed at patrons over 50 years of age, however anyone can attend on a drop-in basis.
- Please contact the gym directly to register for the class (07) 5551 6728.
What is a Tao Yoga Foundation class?
In the Tao Yoga Foundation class we study the three core practices of the Tao Yoga Arts system:
- Tao Longevity Breath Training
- 8 Immortal Tao Yin
- Golden Lotus floor exercises
8 Immortal Tao Yin
The 8 Immortal Tao Yin is a set of 9 ancient Taoist Yoga longevity exercises, with 8 opening forms and 1 closing form.
These exercises are a very powerful set of movements that have many important health benefits:
∞ Lengthen and transform the tendons
∞ Open space in the skeletal system
∞ Cleanse and wash the bone marrow
∞ Massage the internal organs
∞ Detoxify the body of unwanted toxins
∞ Greatly increase flexibility
∞ Build stamina and endurance
∞ Calm the mind and spirit
∞ Open the meridian system
∞ Develop the core energetic centre -the Dantian
The following video shows Yuko from TaoYoga Kamakura, Japan, performing the first 4 exercises in the 8 Immortal Tao Yin.
Below is a diagram of the 3 Dantian, the 3 Inner Elixir Cultivation Fields of the body, which we cultivate in our practice, in particular the Tao Longevity Breath Training.